Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11d - Database was not found, or could not be accessed

bjblackmore
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

Over the weekend our server backup started to failed, after running fine for months. We're running Windows 2003 Small Business Server SP2 with Exchange 2003 SP2, which is being backed up by Backup Exec 11d build 7170, backup destination is a 500GB Seagate External USB drive, configured as a Backup2Disk folder. We schedule a full backup on a Sunday (when no one is around), then differential Monday - Saturday night.

The backup failed on Sunday with the following 2 errors in the job log:

Job ended: 07 February 2010 at 01:59:33
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967
=====================================================

Backup- \\SERVER1\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Database  was not found, or could not be accessed.
Database  was not found, or could not be accessed.

Log Files
Directory .Mailbox Store (SERVER1)
Directory .Public Folder Store (SERVER1)
=====================================================

I've checked the link for  V-79-57344-33967, but the page doesn't exist: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/knowledge_base_sli.jsp?umi=EvtID=V-79-57344-33967

Reading some posts on the forum I found one that suggested this eror could occur if an Antivirus was scanning the backup destination at the time of backup, so I excluded our Backup2Disk folder (F: drive) from our Symantec Endpoint Protection AV scan. I then manually ran the backup again last night, but it failed with the same error message! Although I did notice that the differential backup, which was scheduled to run last night anyway, appeared to complete successfully!

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

Ben

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Do you have a tape drive attached, and are you able to backup the Exchange IS to that?
What I normally do in this situation is look at pushing out the RAWS agent again, especially if there have been updates to the media server. I also look at restarting the RAWS agent on the affected server too.

Laters!

bjblackmore
Level 3
Partner
Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply.

No tape drive, only a small company, and a tape drive was to expensive at initial start up, so we opted for 2x 500GB USB drives, setup as week A & week B.

It's only a single server, so BE 11d is installed on the SBS 2003 server, which is where Exchange 2003 is also installed, so there are no remote agents on other servers.

Cheers

Ben

CraigV
Hi Ben,

Found this tech article...it has a number of possible solutions, including what you have tried with your antivirus.
Check through it though, and see if it points you in the right direction...

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290493.htm

CraigV
Hi Ben,

Have you come right here...?

CraigV
Come right here...?