cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 SharePoint Restore

Jane_Yang
Level 3

I had upgraded our BE 12 to BE 12.5. After I installed all the remote agents on all the servers including SharePoint server, I just cannot open the SharePoint content database when I tried to do a SharePoint restore test. What I did was very simple: under restore 'Selection' - Server Farm 1', I clicked on the + sign to open the database, it would just hang forever and stop responding. After I ended the application, tons error messages would show on event viewer: event ID 45; Source: Symantec Antivirus; Description: Symantec Tamper Protection Alert; Target: D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Bkupexec.exe; Actor Process: C:\Windows\System32\dumprep.exe. I tried many times. removed remote agent and reinstalled. It is still the same.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance...

5 REPLIES 5

Jane_Yang
Level 3

I have been working with Symantec Tech support and Tech Engineers on this issue for more than a month now. We gathered several times logs. They are still working on it and have no solutions yet...

I am thinking of un-install the media server and re-install BE12.5. Does anybody have an idea if it will work or not?

Thanks,

Jane

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

Jane,

Have you tried just turning off tamper protection in your AV or excluding backupexec.exe from the AV scans?  I really doubt uninstalling and reinstalling the application will help with this issue.

This error message: "source: Symantec Antivirus; Description: Symantec Tamper Protection Alert; Target: D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Bkupexec.exe;" Tells me the issue is not actually with Backup Exec, but with your AV blocking the program.

Check out this technote. http://support.veritas.com/docs/313888

Jane_Yang
Level 3

That was the first thing we've done with Symantec tech support. It did not affect this issue at all.

Thanks a lot for your reply...

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
If you are still getting the alert about tamper protection on bkupexec.exe, then it has not been disabled and is most likely still causing a conflict.

Jane_Yang
Level 3

Many thanks to Symantec Support Engineers Russ Perry and Vince Malakius who worked out a Beta Patch for my case. The Patch just worked. The SharePoint GRT is so great now.

Jane