cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 error 0xe00002fe, connecting to Exchange 2007

sideshow_2
Level 4

I have a Backup Exec 12.5 setup with the media server running on a Windows 2008 server that is a DC, and a remote server that is also Windows 2008SP2 with Exchange 2007 running.  I am getting the above error, "Cannot log on to MAPI with the specified credentials." when the backup attempts to get the info store on the Exchange server.  This has worked for several months and nothing has been purposely changed on these 2 servers.  I looked at some of the articles ont his error and some reference having the Exchange Store as the first item for backup in the list and that is true, also having the connection account being a local admin, that is also true onthe Exchange Svr.  Some of the forum entries refer to disabling IPv6 which I have enabled on both of these servers.  Is this a possible way to eliminate these connection problems?  And if so, how much trouble is it going to be to do this on a DC that is running DHCP, DNS, and AD services, plus disabling it on an Exchange Svr?  Just wondering how to do it while breakign as little as possible, if someone has done this in their environment.  Also, my setup is missing SP4 for BE 12.5, so I assume I should try that first. And is that a pretty simple upgrade that can be run without much concern os making matters worse, since my setup is broken already,

thanks for any advice.

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is a generic KB article for the above mentioned error. You may use this as a checklist to eliminate the issues.

- http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64095