cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 new backup job just sticks at queue

stewea
Level 2
Hi,

I have an install of BE12.5 with the latest SP4 installed.

Running on Win2k3 x32 backing up Win2k3 x32.

I have this strange issue in that any new job I try and create, the job status just sticks at queue.

I used a HP Autoloader.

I can see that the tape is taken from the store and inserted into the tape drive, it then just sits there.

All existing jobs run fine.

I have created new selected lists, new media sets and also tried different tapes.

All seem to fail.

When I also try and cancel the job, it sticks at cancelling.

I have to stop and start the services to clear it.

Tape Autoloader and Tape drive both have the latest firmwares.
Server rebooted many times.

I have the option to move to Backup 2010 but I’m not sure if that will solve it.

I have also tied Pausing and Un-Pausing the server and Tape Autoloader, but no success.

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Is there any alert that needs to be attended to?

2) Have you tried running the HP LT&T utility to check whether the autoloader is functioning correctly?

stewea
Level 2
Ok,

I have narrowed the problem down to Resource Credentials.

I have a folder selected on the local media server where Backup Exec is installed.
When I go to Resource Credentials and click Test All, it is successfull on the the remote server, but sticks at Testing... on the local media server.

The account used has local admin rights on the server and is also the account used to run the BE services.

If I unselect the files on the local server, the backup runs fine. So it looks like it is queuing waiting for permission to access the files on the local media server.

How can I resolve this?

RHP
Level 2

I have the same problem but instead the credentials run fine. I just noticed if I delete some backups it will work. But I am not sure why, many of the backup jobs are already set to overwriteable.

theseng99
Level 4

Hello,

Check you account permission on local server. I recommend admin domain user account. and  click start -> run -> service.msc and check account for backup exec service also.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Guys,

I recommend a new forum topic & not piggy-backing on this one...whoever solves the second query gets no recognition for it!