cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12.5 w/ Win2008

sideshow_2
Level 4
Hi

I am running BE 10d on several Win2003 servers and will be introducing 2 new Win2008 servers to the domain, one will be a DC and the other will be an Exchange 2007 server eventually.  So I have purchased BE 12.5 and would like to roll it out.  I do not want the current BE 10d server tobe the 12.5 server.  Is there a way to "upgrade" my current setup from 10d to 12.5 while at the same time changing the location of the BE server?  And how can I point the remote servers over to the new 12.5 server?

thanks for any advice !!

4 REPLIES 4

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If I was you then I will follow beloe steps...

1. I will install the BE 10d on the new server as well.

2. If the new server will be having same hostname and IP as old server then

a. I will stop the services on old and new server.
     b. Copy and paste the the database files from the old server to new server

If your hostname will be different then you will need to use the BEUtility to change the hostname on the DB as well (on new server)

3. start the services on new server

4. Upgrade the new server to 11d

5. Upgrade the new server to 12.5

Push the agents to new 2008 server.

Hope this helps...

Not applicable

hi that is possible, I would suggest you to upgrade the old 10D to 11d  once done that stop the SQL server service on the old 10d and 12.5 server (new)

copy the old catalog and data folder to the on the new server (prior to that rename the 12.5 data and catalog folder)

once done that follow the technote below in order to migrate the database http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287063.htm

this technote is for 9 and 10d however it is the same procedure for the 12.5

using the command line change the datapartition name for SQL (refer the technote)

once done that in command prompt navigate to the installation directory of the BE i.e C:\programe Files\symantec\backup exec)

type bemig.exe and hit enter that shall migrate the database.

once done that on the remote agents you would see the beremote agent utility in start | programs | symantec and backup exec remote agent utiltiy

click on the publishing tab and then add the new 12.5 server name using the add button under the media server name.

this should resolve the issue, let me know if this reolves ur issue.

sideshow_2
Level 4
does this mean that I will need to purchase version 11 of BE just to get thru the interim step of the upgrade?

Not applicable
hi u need not purchase the 11 D version key, upgrade it in the evalution mode or log on the symantec licensing portal and get an upgrade key free for the 11d....

Let me knwo if this resolves ur issue