cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12 Sharepoint Granular restore

Jane_Yang
Level 3
We just implemented Backup Exec 12 Sharepoint agent on our Sharepoint server. The granular technology sounds great that you can restore individual documents. Then I found out it can only restore the documents in Word, Excel, WMV, and image formats. How to restore a team discussion session which is also very important and easy to get messed up?
1 REPLY 1

shawnpoint
Level 3
Jane,

I have the same problem.  Because we bought BE12 Sharepoint agent + the essential support service, I called Symantec support and after explanation + webex, they told me that you can't recover "Tasks" or "Lists" or "Calendar" individual items.  At that point I told them that this does not fit their so-called "GRT" - granular recovery technology.  This was not acceptable to us.  So two weeks later, they told me that the recovery that I was looking for BE12 cannot supply at this point and IT IS A DESIGN LIMITATION. 

Well guess what, we just toss $700 Sharepoint agent license out the window.  I ended up going with other vendor.  You want to google vendor such as Quest sharepoint or Avepoint, etc.

I do not work for any of the other competitors. Just give you my honesty ordeal having to deal with Symantec the hard way and wanted others to take it from here before they spend money not meeting their needs.