cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 12 "Since Last Cleaning" statistic not being reset

Coops
Level 2
I have BackupExec 12 running on multiple Windows 2003 servers with SCSI attached SDLT & LTO drives.  I have noticed that the statistics for :Since Last Cleaning" are not being reset when a cleaning tape is run through the drive.  All Servers are reporting the same "Since Last Cleaning" date as "Date in Service"  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
That should be happening automatically, but you are able to reset the statistics manually by going through to Devices, and right-clicking your drive. Go to the Cleaning tab and choose the option to reset them.

Coops
Level 2
I know that I can manually reset the statistics but that's not really the point.  I have staff in the remote sites changing the backup tapes and running the cleaning tape at regular intervals.  It would be reassuring if the statistics were being automatically reset as one would expect.  The only interaction the remote staff have is to change tapes.

Rtaggart17
Level 3
Coops,

Did you ever find a solution for this as i am dealing with the same problem

David_Perrin
Level 5
I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that you HAVE TO  manually reset the cleaning on LTO drives, that BackupExec will not reset the cleaning statistics on LTO drives.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

BackupExec has never supporte auto-reset for standalone drives, and in my experience the results are spotty with a library/loader and a defined cleaning slot