cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 15 OK button has no effect creating/editing backup job

sstepanski
Level 2

I am running BE15 on Windows 2012 r2.  All jobs run fine. When I attempt to create or edit an existing backup job I am able to go through the entire process right up until the final click of the OK button to save it. When I click the OK button it responds as if it was pressed but nothing happens, the job is not saved, the window sits there as if the button was not pushed to save it. I just have to cancel the job setup.

If I create a new local admin user I can edit and create jobs for at least that login session. Sometime I can log in several times and create and edit jobs but at some point that user stops working and behaves as first stated.

If I delete the user and profile on the BE server and recreate it I can use it for a while.

I have uninstalled .net and reinstalled. Ran system file checker and everthing is fine. No errors. System and BE are all up to date.

Has anyone had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven-Young
Level 3
Employee

You may have Encryption and GRT enabled in the Backup Job.

Go into Configuration and Settings/Backup Exec Settings - Preferences
To re-enable disabled messages, Click re-enable

Go back to your job and try to edit/submitt,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It is recommended that you run the BE services with domain admin rights, not really a local server account.

Create a domain account with the necessary rights as per the TN below, and use BEutility.exe to change them:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH184449

You also need to add it to any domain admin groups like Exchange admins etc.

Try the process again and see if you get the same issue.

Thanks!

sstepanski
Level 2

I am using a domain admin account on the server. I think the point is being missed. The backups run fine. The problem is with the domain admin user acccount and the GUI Interface.

When I attempt to create or edit an existing backup job I am able to go through the entire process right up until the final click of the OK button to save it. When I click the OK button it responds as if it was pressed but nothing happens, the job is not saved, the window sits there as if the button was not pushed to save it. I just have to cancel the job setup.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Then open up BEutility.exe and run a repair of the BEDB.

THanks!

Steven-Young
Level 3
Employee

You may have Encryption and GRT enabled in the Backup Job.

Go into Configuration and Settings/Backup Exec Settings - Preferences
To re-enable disabled messages, Click re-enable

Go back to your job and try to edit/submitt,

sstepanski
Level 2
Steve Y. That was it! Thank you so much for the solution. Re-enabling all messages did the trick. The save backup dialog box wasn't coming up. Without being able to select "save the backup" the job edit/creation couldn't complete.