cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 15

siddharth_inten
Level 3

hii

i have one client & his B.E. scenrio is on VM platform he runing windows machine and some application also database. so i suggest one vmware agent & one application &database agent .

and one more thing if i suggest him only agent for database as he require then it will work on this scenrio..

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, no need for a VM agent to enable V-Ray unless you're backing up multiple VMs.

License the agent and you can backup the VM on a file-level. As always, the licensing department is the final authority on this.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, no need for a VM agent to enable V-Ray unless you're backing up multiple VMs.

License the agent and you can backup the VM on a file-level. As always, the licensing department is the final authority on this.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would first recommend a read at the BE 15 Licensing Guide - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH229205

pkh
   VIP    Certified
For each VM that has an application/database that needs to be backed up, you need one Agent for Applications and Databases licence. It is not sufficient to buy just one Agent for Applications and Databases licence for the host