cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3: Loses schedule in the backup job randomly?

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Twice now I have had it where I have set a schedule for the backup job and at some random point perhps a copule weeks later, the schedule just disappears.  We only find out because the backup didn't run the night before.  Looking at the job setup, It was set back to Run Now. 

Has ayone seen this?  Anything in particular I should I look for in the Server 2008 R2 event logs? 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Turns out this happened again.  BE is fully patched this time though.  It seems to have happened when the server was suddenly powered off (UPS gave out, no graceful shutdown). 

So, it's a bug in BE it seems .  We'll be moving to BE 2012 for this client anyway as soon as I am closer to STS certification for version 2012 so with any luck the issue will be null then. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you aren't on BE 2010 R3, upgrade to this with SP2 downloaded and installed from LiveUpdate (you need to download the BE 2010 R3 ISO).

If you are, make sure you are fully patched, and that these patches have been push-installed to any remote servers you might have.

Thanks!

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Makes sense.  years of providing tech support, and of course of the basic steps is always patch things, then when I find myself in the mix, I tend to take the attitude that "if it was working and I didn't change anything, why would it stop",, which is of course a bold statement of ignorance.  :) shame on me. 

Anyway, I can't remote to the server so have installed BE admin tools on a PC.  I then connected to the media server, and then ran updates from the menu bar (Tools?).  I hope that this ran them on the server, not just on the PC with the admin tools.  Two questions arise from this:

How to check, remotely, the patch level of a media server?  Is that what is showing in Help > About on the Be tool sI'm runnign on the PC? 

The admin tools I installed (from the BE 2010 R3 DVD) on the PC currently saying Tiral Edition.  Does this mean I have to input the same product key used fo the actual media server itself? 

I set a schhedule just for the month of Nov, but this problem of schedules disappearing takes weeks to show up so it'll be a while before I know for sure.  Will mark answered if i goes a month without problem 

Thanks! 

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Turns out this happened again.  BE is fully patched this time though.  It seems to have happened when the server was suddenly powered off (UPS gave out, no graceful shutdown). 

So, it's a bug in BE it seems .  We'll be moving to BE 2012 for this client anyway as soon as I am closer to STS certification for version 2012 so with any luck the issue will be null then.