cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3 release date

dirisit
Level 3

Many of us are waiting for the release and download date for BE2010 R3 that supposedly will fix many issues not fixed by patches.

I wish symantec would make this date known. Hopefully it will fix the system state backup problem for win 2008 R2, but probably, as history

has proved, something else will not work....Doesn't symantec have a win 2008 R2 server test facility?? You have to wonder sometimes....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

EVERY software manufacturer has issues, it's not confined to Symantec, nor Microsoft, nor CA for example. They all have issues with software. If you knew how many lines of code go into an application, you'd understand.

They, like other vendors, have test facilities, but to test every single permutation in which BE can be installed (hardware, software, patch levels etc) would be impossible.

To answer your question, BE 2010 R3 is in Beta at the moment, no idea of a release date. Why not head on over to the Beta blog and ask to be a part of it, and then ask there? The program admin might be able to clue you in a bit more. It's supposed to come out some time soon...

I have just installed it in a lab of my own to see what all it addresses...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/new-beta-backup-exec

Good luck with testing.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

EVERY software manufacturer has issues, it's not confined to Symantec, nor Microsoft, nor CA for example. They all have issues with software. If you knew how many lines of code go into an application, you'd understand.

They, like other vendors, have test facilities, but to test every single permutation in which BE can be installed (hardware, software, patch levels etc) would be impossible.

To answer your question, BE 2010 R3 is in Beta at the moment, no idea of a release date. Why not head on over to the Beta blog and ask to be a part of it, and then ask there? The program admin might be able to clue you in a bit more. It's supposed to come out some time soon...

I have just installed it in a lab of my own to see what all it addresses...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/new-beta-backup-exec

Good luck with testing.