Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 R3

RobSch
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hallo zusammen,

habe ein kleines Problem mit BE 2010 R3.

Installiert ist das Ganze auf einem Server 2008 R2 x64.

Undzwar habe ich die Datenbank laut dem Syma Guide von dem alten BE Server auf den neuen BE2010 R3 übernommen.

Das ist alles soweit ohne Probleme gelaufen, jedoch soll unter Punkt 5(V) des Guides, die alten Geräte aus der Geräteübersicht gelöscht werden:

Hier ist leider der Punkt "Löschen" ausgegraut und somit leider nicht anwählbar.

Wie kann ich die Gerät dort doch noch entfernen?

mfg

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I suspect you're going to have to edit them out of the BEDB.

For this you'd need to create a connection in Windows to it, open it up and find the correct table.

Whatever you do...make a copy of your BEDB first. If you don't come right, open a support case with Symantec, or report back here and I will escalate to support for you!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I suspect you're going to have to edit them out of the BEDB.

For this you'd need to create a connection in Windows to it, open it up and find the correct table.

Whatever you do...make a copy of your BEDB first. If you don't come right, open a support case with Symantec, or report back here and I will escalate to support for you!

Thanks!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

If there are backup job configured to the devices which are offline you need to assign a different device to the backup job and then it would allow you to delete the device from the console .

Wenn es Backup-Auftrag zugewiesen, um das Gerät, das Sie löschen möchten, müssen Sie ein anderes Gerät an den Backup-Auftrag zuordnen und da dies geschafft ist es erlaubt Ihnen, das Gerät aus der Konsole zu löschen.

RobSch
Level 3
Partner Accredited

thx for your help.

i´ve created a new b2d folder and changed the backupjobconfiguration to it.

Now i was able to delete the tapedrives but not the other b2d "offline" folders.

If i renamed the b2d folders, i was able to disable them, but was not able to delete them.

sry for my bad english.

mfg

Rob

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Renaming would help in this case, make sure there is not job point to the old backup to disk folder.

please perform an extensive repair of the database

Go to the Backup exec folder> Execute Beutility.exe and follow the steps given below.

1. Repair Database
2. Rebuild Indices
3. Compact Database
4. Age Database
5. Check Database Consistency

RobSch
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I´ve solved the problem, a colleague helped me to fix the database.

Thaks at all!