Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2010 Remote Agent Error on Media Server

davedsi
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Hi,

I am getting the following error when my backup's run and the error is for the actual Media server;

Backup
Remote Agent not detected on DSIVC4.

DSIVC4 is our media server  but I have checked that the service is running and that port 10000 is open, so am a little stuck, can anyone point me in the right direction for a solution?

Thanks

Dave
8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Dave

On your media server, open remote agent utility and add the loopback address under the publishing tab and then restart the services

davedsi
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Hi Amol,

I have checked and the 127.0.0.1 address is in already under the publishing tab, so it must be a different issue.

Thanks

Dave

AmolB
Try adding the server name under the publishig tab

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
What are you trying to backup, please check the selection list and make sure all the resources are available. Open the selection list and click on selection details and delete the things that you are not backing up

davedsi
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Hi Amol,

The Server name is under the publishing tab as well, I also added the full local domain name servername.domain.local and this does not work still.

Thanks

Dave

davedsi
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Hi Sazz,

I am getting an error of Remote Agent not detected on DSIVC4.

Now DSIVC4 is the Media Server, but I have checked the main selections lists and all items are selected that are needed.

Thanks

Dave

AmolB
Try to reboot the server, if you have already done that then perform a repair install of BE2010.

AmolB
Any update on the issue?