cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 Unable to restore individual mailbox in Exchange 2010

JohanICT-Finlan
Level 3

When trying to restore an indivudal mailbox everything is empty in the selection list (see attached picture) under the "Microsoft information store". Backup are ok every day.

I have moved everything over to Exchange 2010 from 2007,  and before when i tried to restore from Exch 2007 it worked fine.

I have the Exchange server in one AD domain and the BE 2012 server in another domain but I have truste between them.

I have also tried to install Exchange 2010 Management tool in on the BE 2012 server but that does not help.

If I try ti do an restore of the whoel mailbox databse, I can select it (but have not tried to do a restore) so it seems that it is only problem with restore of the individual mailx or item.

I have GRT enable on exchange agent settings.

I have updatated BE 2012 to latest SPs.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem ?

Thanks in advance

Johan Mannerstrom 

5 REPLIES 5

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi If backup is on done on tape try doing backup to disk first and then check if that helps As you have mentioned BE is fully patched up ensure remote agent on remote server is fully patched too. Ensure if exchange 2010 is in DAG remote agent need to be installed on mailbox node and CAS node and need to backup from DAG and not individual mailbox node. Moreover 1. Backup Exec Account used for backup must have an active mailbox on the exchange server. 2. The mailbox should not be hidden from the Global Address List 3. Backup Exec "Logon Account" is an explicit member of Local Administrators group in the Exchange Server 4. Backup Exec "Logon Account" is "Unique" inside the Exchange Organization.5. Make sure the ID used by Backup Exec is added to the Organization Management group of Exchange Role Based Access Controls (RBAC). http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO73784 Thanks

JohanICT-Finlan
Level 3

Hi !

I have checked all of your suggestions, and all point are all according to that (it already was that since Exhcan 2007 also req some of the above steps to be taken).

So this is no go...

next suggestion !

/Johan

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi At this moment you can do 2 things 1 Make a new database in exchange 2010 and add 2 or 3 mailboxes in it and then send some emails and then do GRT backup of that new database to disk and see if GRT is viewable would be good to test out of that works at least. 2 Else you can open a case with Symantec ,were they can investigate this by enabling logging and checking it further Thanks

JohanICT-Finlan
Level 3

I do not have time to do some exprementation so I have to contact symantec support.

Thanks

/Johan

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...how does backing up to disk now help the OP restore data already on tape??? wink

I don't see how this helps his immediate problem at all.