cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 erkennt Tapelibrary nicht richtig

DirkSmit
Level 3

Moin,

ich versuche meine Tapelibrary in Backup Exec 2012 einzubinden. Nur leider wird sie nicht korrekt erkannt.

Folgendes Setup:

Eternus LT S2 mit 2* LTO4 FC Laufwerk (1 & 2)

Netapp - Filer per FC verbunden mit Laufwerk 1

FS TX300S8 Server - verbunden per FC mit Laufwerk 2

BE2012_Fehler_0.jpg

--

Der Wechsler wird von BE2012 zwar korrekt mit zwei Laufwerken erkannt, aber bei einem wird ein "Missing Device" gemeldet.
Der Filer wird per NDMP eingebunden, und hier findet BE auch Laufwerk 2.

Wie kann ich den Wechsler korrekt installieren, so dass ich alle Funktionen nutzen kann, und beide Geräte per FC angebunden sind.

Ist es überhaupt möglich oder kann ich das nur durch erwerb eines FC Switches lösen?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Dirk

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This may apply - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH212366.html

DirkSmit
Level 3

The Following Updates are Installed:
                   - Service Pack 4
                   - Hotfix 217347

In the Article you provided is no Link to a Hotfix available, only one to download the complete install image.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

If you are going to have the robotic library and tape drives controlled by two different things (a server and a filer), I think that you may need to have the robotic library partitioned so that each server/filer only sees their half of the robotic library and 1 tape drive.  I am pretty confident that this method would work.

Or you may just need to make sure that the robotic control path is enabled for both tape drives in your current robotic library.  The "missing device" in the BE GUI is the result of the robotic library reporting that it has two tape drives, but only one tape drive was visible to the server.

I know that not using an FC switch makes this setup a bit unusual, so I don't know if this would be officially supported.  I would assume it would be called "not supported' if you cannot get it to work.  You may have to tolerate the "missing devices" in the BE GUI, but I don't think that will prevent it from working.

DirkSmit
Level 3

I'd like to test that Hotfix first, the Article was talking about, but somehow the related Documents are missing.

Is there a different way to obtain that hotfix? Or is it already installed and i just don't know it?