cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 sp2 Data Domain storage going Read-only

JShug
Level 2

We are using Backup Exec 2012 sp2 on Server 2008 R2 and have a Data Domain DD160 with a file share.  Recently the DD160 shows up under the Storage tab as read-only.  If I go to the file share I am able to create and delete files and folders fine.  Any ideas on how to bring the DD160 to Read and Write again.

Thank you

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I believe that CIFS shares CAN be set to be read-only.  Go into the properties of your storage device (DD share) and look for the entry "limit BE to read-only operations".  Change it to "no".

I have no idea why BE would have changed this to "yes" on you, maybe a network glitch?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Backup Exec doesnt have the ablity to make a DD device read only or Read/write, It reports backup what the the DD device is putting out. For some reason it is now presenting itself as  read-only. Out of curiosity have you reached out to Data Domain and if so what is there input on this? 

JShug
Level 2

Donald,

No I have not reached out to Data Domain yet only because when I was able to create and delete files I assumed it was not the DD160.  I had also read a few articles about USB drives going read-only prior to BE 2012 SP2.

Thank you for your reply

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I believe that CIFS shares CAN be set to be read-only.  Go into the properties of your storage device (DD share) and look for the entry "limit BE to read-only operations".  Change it to "no".

I have no idea why BE would have changed this to "yes" on you, maybe a network glitch?

JShug
Level 2

Larry,

Thank you that was it and I agree I have no idea how that got changed.

Thank Both of you for your help and input.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Awesome post Lary... Thumbs up to you sir. 

Jshug... glad to hear tha the issue has been resolved.