cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2014 SP1 version

Dr__Sigmund
Level 3

I've downloaded and installed BE 2014. The package name on Symantec server is "Backup Exec 2014 14.1 SP1". After the installation, I see in list of installed updates that SP1 is already installed. Then I ran LiveUpdate, which founds one update - "Service Pack 1" with size of over 300MB. The update was successfully downloaded and installed by LiveUpdate. In the list of installed updates, nothing changes - still only single installed update, SP1. Product version also didn't change, still "14.1 rev. 1786". On subsequent launches, LiveUpdate doesn't find any more updates.

So what does that mean? After initial installation, LiveUpdate incorrectly determines that SP1 needs to be installed (while it is already installed), re-applies it, and then correct detection starts working? Or may be there is an updated version of SP1 available for download - but why then nothing changes in product version or update list?

I've installed BE server on one machine and also BE console on a workstation, LiveUpdate behavior is the same in both places - first, it findes and installs SP1 over already existing SP1, then no more updates.

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The major version of BE 2014 and SP1 remains the same, i.e. 14.1.1786 (The difference lies in the minor version numbers, i.e. 14.1.1786.xxxx)

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the LiveUpdate component. Uninstall it from the Add/Remove programs and remove the LiveUpdate folder from \ProgramData\Symantec. Reinstall LiveUpdate using the Backup Exec installation media or download LiveUpdate 3.3 from this link - ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/liveupdate/3.3.0/

Rerun LiveUpdate and check if SP1 is being prompted for download again or not.