cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec backup and exec 2014 and Exchange 2013

dbosic
Level 2

Hi

I have installed Symantec Backup Exec 2014 service pack 1 and have tested it with file shares share point 2013 SQL server and works perfect. HoweverI have problem with GRT with Exchange 2013 SP1. Exchange 2013 is installed on WIndows 2012 R2 ad it has DAG configured for all databases. Exchange works well however i cannot backup Microsoft information store and options for exchange are nov available when i edit backup job.

Failover clustering works very well with exchange but i heard somewhere that there is problem with Symantec Backup 2014 and Exchange 2013 when it is installed on WIndows 2012 R2 because of Windows 2012 R2 failover clustering feature they call it Cluster Administration access pointsymantec issue.jpg

As you can see Microsoft information store is not available. If i try to backup no GRT is available. I can still restore whole database on Exchange and then using Recovery method in Exchange restore individual items. But not with GRT.

Not sure if Symantec has any solution for this or any fix comming soon

Dalibor

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Try removing the license for "Agent for Applications and Databases" from the Backup Exec server, uninstalling the Remote Agent from the Exchange server.  Reboot the Backup Exec server, install the  license for "Agent for Applications and Databases" license and then repushing the Remote agent onto the Exchange server

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. You are right in that BE 2014 requires a Cluster Administration access point to enumerate a DAG.  Do you have a Cluster Administration access point and do you get the error message in this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH218366

Did you install AWS on all the servers in the DAG and purchase sufficient Agent for Applications and Databases licences?

Did you reboot the servers in the DAG after installing the AWS?

dbosic
Level 2

yes i have installed agents on both servers restarted multiple times and this Symantec Backup exec is still in trial so I would assume everything is fully functional.

How do i make Cluster Access admin access I have DAG with IP address and CNO object created for DAG

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How do i make Cluster Access admin access

This is something for a Microsoft forum