cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9.1 having problems verifying

Nick_Hey_2
Not applicable
Hi, I have a Compaq SDX 500C attached to a Smart Array 5i controller, backing up data is no problem.

But, sometimes (especially if the backup tape has not been inserted before the scheduled start time of the job, but inserted the next morning, the job then starts) after the backup has completed and the verify starts, it ejects the tape. BE says it needs overwritable media inserted to verify, but when you do, the tape is ejected automatically after about 20 seconds!

This means that the backup can't be verified, and is very frustrating!

Anyone got any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
As you say it mostly happens when inserting a tape when the job already started. My guess is that your OPP is active and thus blocking the verify. Although I would not no why a verify job would want to write to a tape.

just my E0.02
Regards
A van der Boom

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Verification just checks the data that is already written to the tape. Can you mention the exact error message that you get during or before verification?

Also check if there any any error alerts in the backup exec alerts tab. If so, you can configure backup exec to automatically respond to these alerts. Refer to the technote below that will help you in this regard:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254685

Revert with details if the isssue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.