cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9.1 jobs hang at "queued"

Level 2
This is an unusual issue that I can't figure out.

BE 9.1 backup jobs start, sit on ready for a bit (30~ seconds) then go to queued infinitely.

There are not event log errors nor BE log errors. The issue persists with 9.0, 9.1, and 9.1 with the 3/05 service pack applied.

I have removed the product and reinstalled it.

The trial of 10.0 behaves exactly the same.

XML is not corrupt, and is up to date.

Any thoughts ?
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
From Device Manager, is the tape driver loaded?

From the devices tab, is the tape device online?

If you shut down all BackupExec services, does NTBackup see and access the tape drive OK?

Dave_C
Level 4
Is the retention on the media set...showing as the media set is avalible...? retention can sometimes catch you out like this...? i.e. the job is configured to use the right media tape set..?

Anthony_Zarrell
Level 3
I had the same thing happen to me 3 weeks ago. Solution was to recreate the jobs, and have them staggered at different times. Give this a try, create a test job, and see if that one will run. If so, the current job files might have gone corrupt, and you can either try to fix or rebuild. (In my case, fixing or restoring would not work, so we had to rebuild)

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hi,

Please let us know if you have followed the steps mentioned earlier and whether it has resolved your issue.

If the issue still persists, please let us know the latest updates.

Thanks.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply