cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9.2 not backing up all files.

Level 3

Hi All

I run Backup Exec 9.2 that backs up several servers. For whatever reason BE hung a couple of nights ago and I had to restart the BE server. Since then my backup Job will just not backup all the files that its meant to. I have checked the Job Selection list and everything that has to be backed up is seletced. I have checked the completed job and no files are being skipped and the backup job a being completed succesfully. I have even tried redoing the selection but the backup is just missing almost a third of the backup even though all the files are selected in the backup job.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Dougie

7 REPLIES 7

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

BE 9.0 is end of life so will suggest you to upgrade to latest version of backupexec

Thanks

Level 3

Hi

I cant upgrade my BE version as corporate are in the middle of creating a group wide backup solution and I have been told that we are not allowed to invest in local backups. So I need a solution to my problem until the group backup solution is in place.

Regards

Dougie

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Probably during the backup time window file are open that is why they are not been backed up.

Would be best for isolation making new job with new selection & may be changing the backup time window & checking how it works

Thanks

Colin_Weaver

Just to confirm as you might get a more appropriate response - do you mean Backup Exec 9.2 for Novell Netware or Backup Exec 9.x for Windows (which never had a 9.2 version)

Level 3

Hi There

Sorry thats my fault, yeah I meant backup exec 9.1 for Windows servers.

I have a backup time window of 13 hours, my backups are always between 11 - 12 hours, as I say I never had a problem until the BE server crashed the other night. I will create a brand new job and let it run tonight, see if that makes a difference, although I did created a brand new selection and use that for the current job.

Cheers

Dougie

Level 3
Hi all Ok after restarting all my servers and the BE server, creating a new job and selecting all the data to be backed up, it's still not backing up most of my data. This time though it did fail on the verify stating "Unexpected end of archive". It backs up all my other servers ok, it will just not backup one drive on my data server now. I have even created a job that specifically backs up only that drive, it backs up about 3gb out of the 120gb and states its competed. This s now causing me major issues, any ideas? Cheers Dougie

Level 3

Hi All

This is driving me nuts.

To test my backups I have been doing the following. On the Server drive that the backups are missing the data, I have taken 4 folders and performed a backup of them, I have done this backup 4 times, twice to tape and twice to a Hard Drive, it has failed all 4 times with different data sizes backed up, but with the same failure error each time.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: 02 April 2012 at 10:06:34
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0x0 -
Final error category: Other Errors

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Verify - \\SERVER\SERVERDRIVE Unexpected end of backup set encountered on BackupMedia

So it looks like there is a problem trying to backup the data on my server but I have no idea what the problem is.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Dougie