Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9 -> 10.0d

Peter_Rudnitski
Level 3
I have installed 10d on 9.0 Rev4454.
During Upgrade setup shows a error:
"Catalog Index Database Migration. Fast catalog migration failed due to SQL BCP load falure. The catalog index database will be created when Backup Exec services start. bla-bla-bla. Failed"
All jobs, accounts, selection lists and tape groups have disappeared.
How can I restore all settings, that i had in 9?
How to upgrade correctly?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Even if the catalog index migration failed, the jobs will run fine, and all the slection lists and device info will be migrated properly. You just might have to recatalog a few tapes during restore.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool

Peter_Rudnitski
Level 3
After recataloging of my tapes, no configuration information was restored, but restores completed successfully.
I find, that version of my Windows 2000 is not English.
Maybe there is a problems with MSDE, that cann`t upgrade it`s bases from old version to another.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Could you elaborate on the issue related to language version? Is the language of the Windows OS different or that of Backup exec different?

In case the ol dissue is resolved, we suggest you to post the new query in a new thread.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.