cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied to NAS

Neville_Styles_
Level 2
We have a client running Veritas V9 on a Windows 2000 server with the remote server agent installed. We have just added an Iomega NAS 100D unit to the network and have tried to configure Veritas to back up the NAS.
Windows can see the NAS in explorer and has full access to it but within Veritas when making selections to backup the NAS is seen but when we try to tick it to include it in the backup we get the following error.

Logon Account 'System Logon Account' Failed to access '\\STORAGE' Access is denied.

Then we are presented with the logon account selection box. Whatever we create in the logon account selection we get the same message.
We would appreciate some help on this please.

Veritas can see and will allow selections of other servers/computers on the network.
8 REPLIES 8

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you cannot install the RemoteAgent on the NAS box, try creating a User Defined share rather than browsing to it.

See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237737.htm

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

With reference to the previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Neville_Styles_
Level 2
Hi

I have tried creating user defind shares and I still get the same problem. The share is visible but if you go to put a tick in the box to include it in the backup then I get the same error message. Any more help please

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Explicitly Give the logon account full rights on the NAS server via the properties and security tab.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Neville_Styles
Level 2
Hello
I don't fully understand what you mean by giving the logon account full rights. What logon account do you mean. The NAS server has no security built in, it just boots up and is open to all on the network. The only thing that appears not to access it is the Veritas application.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Just for grins, on the NAS boxc give the BackupExec Service Account explicit full rights and see what happens, rather than relying on "Everyone" rights.

Neville_Styles
Level 2
OK Have tried giving the system account full rights but the NAS will not let this happen. You cannot change or add any rights to the NAS unit. This is appears to be a compatibility problem with the NAS unit and Windows security and not a veritas issue. Thanks for your help, we have logged this with Iomega now.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update please contact us to continue the troubleshooting if the problem persists.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.