cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE-DLO to DLO7 upgrade instructions

Saraee
Level 3

Can someone point me to a step-by-step upgrade procedure?  I don't know what options I am supposed to choose to upgrade.  Do I choose local SQL instance?  Existing SQL instance? It gives me a warning when I try to choose "Existing SQL Instance" although my instinct tells me to choose that option to upgrade the old data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I dont think you get the option of choosing local SQL instance or existing SQL instance during an upgrade, but anyways choose - create a local SQL instance ( this is fine for upgrade )

Existing SQL instance is choosen when you already have a remote SQL server & would like to use an instance from that & a warning is prompted about automated master database restore feature is not available ( And this is perfectly normal )

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AmolB

Could you post the warning that you are getting while upgrading.

VJware
Level 6

I dont think you get the option of choosing local SQL instance or existing SQL instance during an upgrade, but anyways choose - create a local SQL instance ( this is fine for upgrade )

Existing SQL instance is choosen when you already have a remote SQL server & would like to use an instance from that & a warning is prompted about automated master database restore feature is not available ( And this is perfectly normal )

Saraee
Level 3

"We recommend you not to use the BKUPEXEC instance as it is used by another product.  Uninstallation of the other product will have an impact on Symantec-DLO.  Do you want to continue?"

I don't want to lose any of my existing data so I want to confirm this.

Saraee
Level 3

I am running setup from the Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option 7.0.70049a download.  Should I be using a different install to perform an upgrade?

VJware
Level 6

Thats the right setup, just choose create a local SQL install...

just grab a copy of the DLO db files (the mdf & ldf files) before the upgrade

Saraee
Level 3

After choosing Local SQl instance, the installation proceeds and just before finishing, it rolls back and displays the following message, "The wizard was interrupted before symantec DLO could be completely installed."  Is an installation log being created?

VJware
Level 6

yes, installation log named dloinst.log should be created....just attempt a windows search for this file & pls paste the log here..

Saraee
Level 3

I am attaching the log file to this post.  Let me know if I should paste the text...I chose not to because of the length.

Saraee
Level 3

And another file-dloconsoleu.log. (Italics are items changed by me)

05/23/12 12:34:53 dloconsoleu.exe 2012:  > errorreport.cpp( 294 ) FAILED ASSERTION: common\foundation_ace\osys\xplat.cpp( line: 295 :( false
Executable:dloconsoleu.exe
Machine: Machinename
User: Username
Domain: Domainname
Principle user:
Principle domain:
Process domain: Domainname
Interactive User Name: Domainname/username
Debug Mask: 0
Windows: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Current directory: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\DLO
Windows directory: C:\Windows
System directory: C:\Windows\system32
Path: C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\

AmolB

Following message appears in your install log

Property(S): LEVEL_ERROR_MESSAGE = DLO Database and Admin server are having different versions and hence installation will be terminated. Please upgrade the database and restart installation.
Property(S): ISReleaseFlags = URL,x64

Refer to the below article if you are installing DLO on a Win 2008R2 server.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184910