cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Not Seeing Tape Drive

Jeremy_Flint
Level 3
I was having problems with BE and my Onstream DI-30. It was for some reason thinking it was a robotic drive and not recognizing any of the media I had inserted. It had been working correctly up until this point.

So at the suggestion of another user, I disabled the drive in the Device window, deleted it, and ran the device configuration wizard again to redetect the DI-30. Only problem is that it won't see it now.

Any ideas? Should I just dump the DI-30? What would be a good standalone tape drive and format to go with?
4 REPLIES 4

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
OnStream DI-30 is not listed in the Backup Exec v10.0 'Hardware Compatibility List'. Since it is not listed in the 'Hardware Compatibility List', suggest you to install OEM drivers for the device and check the results.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
Hello,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered"and would be moved to "answered questions"pool.

thanks!

Jeff_Allen
Level 4
I had a similar problem with an older Quantum 4MM drive. I installed the OEM drivers from Quantum and BE10 picked it up after a reboot. try this.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Assuming that the above solution is correct,also there is no update on the previous posted reply. Hence archiving case as per agreement.