cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Retrieve 2010 (non) install

jbitgood
Level 3
I've been trying to install Retrieve 2010 since yesterday, trying various scenarios with no luck.  I tried rebooting, tried stopping all BE services, etc.  What happens is during the install phase, LiveUpdate installs, the SSL Certificate Installer installs, then when it gets to Backup Exec Retrieve, it just sits there and does nothing.  I even left it alone overnight and it didn't go any farther.  It's not locked up, it just doesn't do anything.  There are no event logs either.  What can I do to kickstart this thing?
10 REPLIES 10

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You could start by looking at the BERINST.HTM file located in the Application Data folder, where BE Retrieve is being installed. This file would lists any errors that may have occurred during installation.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Are you running the install from the DVD or have you downloaded the install file and then running the install .

jbitgood
Level 3

The error reported in BERINST.HTM is:

Error: Install unable to determine IIS ports

The return value for both LiveUpdate and SSL Certificate Installer is 0.

I'm installing from a network share using the downloaded media.

VJware
Level 6

I guess, BE Retrieve is being installed on Win 2008. If that is the case, attempt the following:

Add the IIS 6 Management Compatibility to the role & Run the Installation of the Backup Exec Retrieve again.

KB Article - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124328

jbitgood
Level 3

Nope, it's Server 2003 Standard R2 (32-bit).

jbitgood
Level 3

I think you're posting that question to the wrong thread.

VJware
Level 6

jbitgood
Level 3

Any other suggestions?

jbitgood
Level 3

Come on guys, since this is the only way you'll provide support, the least we should be able to expect is to actually get support.  It's been weeks since your last response, now this client needs some emails restored -- TODAY.  This MUST get resolved immediately.

jbitgood
Level 3

So what can I do to get this installed?  Does anyone have anything they can recommend?