cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading BE12.5 to 2010 via RDP

chvgms
Level 5
Hi,

Is it possible to upgrade BE 12.5 to 2010 using RDP?

Thanks,
Sridhar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello Sridhar 

Yes its possible, make sure that the installables are on the local drive of the BE server.

Also do take a backup of DATA & CATALOGS folder before you start the upgrade process.

The above folders are located @ X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

AmolB
Hello Sridhar 

Yes its possible, make sure that the installables are on the local drive of the BE server.

Also do take a backup of DATA & CATALOGS folder before you start the upgrade process.

The above folders are located @ X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec 

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Yes no problem, during the installation wizard you will get a warning about installing via an RDP session, but the installation will continue without problems.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I have never seen a warning about installing via RDP and I have done a number of upgrades...

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

It's during de environment check.

In this screenshot you can see the bottom line I mean:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/images/347372/5.jpg

As I said, It is no showstopper.

chvgms
Level 5

Thanks all for your replies. Hope the existing jobs will be retained after the upgradation. Do i need to push the agent on all the clients to have the latest agent version installed or the they will automatically download the latest version from the server? Hoping to upgrade to 2010 from 12.5 in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Sridhar

AmolB

Hi Sridhar

You will have to push out updates on  all the remote agents.

You may either push out the agents through BE console or else local installation will also do.

chvgms
Level 5

Thanks a lot for the quick response. Can you let me know whether the existing jobs will be retained after the upgradation or do i need to reconfigure them?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

They will be retained, but it doesn't hurt to grab a copy of your Data + Catalogs folders just in case.

You can read the article below on my experiences...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/what-look-out-when-upgrading-bews-2010my-experience...

chvgms
Level 5

Thx much

Turls
Level 6

@chvgms, please mark a comment as a solution that resolved your issue. Thanks!

chvgms
Level 5

Thx guys... upgradation went fine with out any issues. But after the upgrdation, am  not able to push the agent from the console from the servers that were running 12.5 earlier.

Thanks,

Sridhar

AmolB

Hi Sridhar

Please start a new thread and also mention the error message that you are getting.