cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Server service crashing on large file backup

rwejdling
Level 2
Hi,

Running a large (380+GB) normal file backup on a one server setup, and the backup exec server service crashes every time. BE 11d, windows server 2003 std, backing up to local USB disk. Problems started after the lates hotfixes were installed with liveupdate.

Error in eventlog:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    1000
Date:        02-02-2008
Time:        13:41:59
User:        N/A
Computer:    STSRV
Description:
Faulting application beserver.exe, version 11.0.7170.32, stamp 475fe521, faulting module bemsdk.dll, version 11.0.7170.32, stamp 475fc1de, debug? 0, fault address 0x000dc3dd.

The small incremental jobs and the exchange jobs run without problems. I've tried creating a new job, no luck. It looks like a memory leak in the bemsdk.dll module. When I start the job, memory usage just keaps climing. Last time i looked before it crashed, the memory usage of beserver.exe was more than 1,6GB.

Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2

rwejdling
Level 2
Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem. The service is still crashing every time the full backup job i executed.

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Good morning,

I have seen several different issues lately revolving around .net errors. A number of these have been resolved by uninstalling .net, reinstalling .net, then performing a Repair Install of Backup Exec.