cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Services won't start

Tim_Kowal
Level 2
My server bombed and I had to do a parallel install. After all my Windows updates, I installed BE10. After installation and reboot, I noticed my job engine service wasn't starting. It threw a "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I thought maybe it got confused because of my old install, whose remnants were still in the C:\Program Files folder. So I uninstalled, renamed c:\program files\veritas to veritas.old, renamed the mssql folder to mssql.old, rebooted, and reinstalled.

Then I had worse luck. Now I can't even get the Backup Exec Server service to start. It throws the same error. And it doesn't even really go through the whole 125 seconds, it takes only 1.5 seconds or so.

I got on the phone tech support, and they had me try making the logon account the LocalSystem account, and it worked! But I think this is going to be a problem later on, and I want it to run like it's designed to run.

What's going on here?
2 REPLIES 2

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
What does the application log say?

Verify the service account has the correct User Right Assignments on the server- Log on as a service, Create a Token Object, Act as part of the Operating System, Manage Auditing and Security logs, Backup files/directories, Restore Files/directories...

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Are there any specific errors reported in Windows Application and System Event logs.

Have you tried creating and using new account ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.