cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE update says it isn't installed, when it is

Steve_Isaacson
Level 3
When i'm in BE, i go to tools and then down to update. This takes me to the veritas web site with three links on the left(home, list updates, and configure). Whenever i click on configure or list updates, it says update client not installed. I have reinstalled, and repaired several times. It installs fine, and shows up in my add/remove programs list. On my old machine i had 9.1 and there was a liitle v icon in the system tray. That doesn't show up on my new machine with 10.0. I am assuming i am missing something simple and that the background process isn't running, any ideas what to check? I am running 3 .2 ghz machine, with 1.5 gig of memory.
5 REPLIES 5

Aalok_Pathak_2
Level 6
Steve,

Ensure that "Veritas Update"is enlisted in Add\Remove program. If not, install it manually. Refer 'Veritas Update' section in the following TechNote :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/269175

For Information :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/274284

Hope, this wil help to resolve the issue.

Steve_Isaacson
Level 3
You have got to be kidding me. To reinstall the update i have to do a reinstall of the entire BE software? The update shows up in the add/remove programs. Always has. I have repaired, removed, reinstalled several times. I can't believe the solution is to do a reinstall of the entire software package, there has got to be an easier way to fix this.

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

You dont have to reinstall the entire Backup Exec. You just need to install Veritas Update. Remove Veritas Update from the add remove programs.

After you have removed Veritas Update, copy the contects of the Veritas Update on to the system and then run the Veritas update manually.

The Veritas Update files are kept in the following location:

WINNT\INSTALL\VxSDM

We hope this will help.

Thanks.

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Hello Steve,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards,
Gaurav

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply.