cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE v12.5 autoloader problem

sar62557
Level 2

We have a Dell PV124T autoloader and we just added the right side cartridge to increase our capacity from 8 slots to 16 slots.   The autoloader sees the additional slots and successfully loaded more tapes into the device.   Unfortunately, BE doesn't see the additional slots.    I have restarted all the BE services and BE still doesn't see those additional slots.   I have been unable to find anywhere with BE that I would go to tell it they are there so I'm hoping someone can tell me what I need to do.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Munir2Fast
Level 5
Certified

Hi,

go to devices -> right click on the device -> uncheck enable -> right click on the device again -> delete the device

1. shut down the backup server.

2. Power cycle the library

3. power on the backup server & now you shouls be able to see all the slots.

* Make sure the library is set on random mode.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Issue may be related to partitions. Checkout the partitions configured in your library. The 8 slots which you have added may be in the second partition.

You can try deleting and readding the library.

sar62557
Level 2

It is already configured with 6 partitians, and the additional 8 slots don't appear in any of them.  I tried deleting all partitians then exiting and then going back in but it still only shows 8 slots even when there are no partitians defined.    I am going to try the previous guys steps but that will have to be done tomorrow morning before people start coming in since that server that is host to BE is also a file server that is accessed all day long so I can't shut it down until early in the morning when I get in.

MitchR
Level 6

I've found that ANY change to tape hardware confuses BE. Even updating firmware on the library can cause BE to lose ability to talk to the library.  I'd recommend:

-Within BackupExec, deleting everything with the library- all drives, library, device pools, etc. 
-Verify there's no Windows drivers for said library & drives.
-Verify from the library's control panel that the drives & library are not "offline".
-Reboot
-Run the BackupExec "Device Configuration Wizard", and use BE's drivers for everything
-Reboot
-Check to see if everything's there

I've had to do that myself on a number of occasions.

sar62557
Level 2

Tried it and no luck.  The additional slots do not show up in BE. :(

sar62557
Level 2

-Verify from the library's control panel that the drives & library are not "offline".

Are you referring to the little LCD window on the front of the actual tape device hardware?

I have tried what the first guy who answered suggested and it didn't help.   The driver for the autoloader is already the one for BE (See below)