cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12 Quickstart Help

CEA
Level 2
I'd setup BE10 evaluation to run the backups for our new Windows Server 2003. I'd configured jobs and they were running fine after any of the problems were sorted out.

The disk with BE10 on it was a quickstart edition supplied with one of our tape drives. When I tried to get a serial number for it I was given a BE12 quickstart SN. I then download BE12 and installed it using the SN provided.

That when my problems have started.

Initially the problems were because the jobs for the eval version used components not in the quickstart edition. I changed the selections and ran the jobs again. This time it came up with the a corrupt file error. I changed the option to skip files already locked. I'm still getting the error below.

Final error: 0xe000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65078

The link tell you how to change the setting to skip locked files.
I've checked everything and there is no reason why it shouldn't skip the files.

Can anybody suggest why it's not skipping the files?

Many thanks

Robert Aitken
2 REPLIES 2

RahulM
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Have you checked the job logs thoroughly?
In the job logs there is a section for exceptions.
Chech the exceptions section and that should show you all files that were skipped.
Also what kind of files are we taking about here?

CEA
Level 2
Sorry for the delay in getting back but I just noticed the email in my inbox.

The files it failing on are files still open because users didn't log off. It does skip the system files that are open but it fails on the users open files. Backups start at 11pm so there shouldn't be anyone logged in.

Thanks

Robert