cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12 SP2 kills compression ratio - data no longer fits on tape

toma
Level 4

I did a normal daily backup before installing SP2 and I got a hardware compresson ratio of 1.27:1 with an HP LTO960 drive (400GB/800GB comp).  My backup of 482GB fit with 36GB to spare.  After installing SP2, my hardware compression ratio has dropped to 1.02:1 and now I only fit the first 425GB on the tape before it asks for a second tape.  Does anyone know what would cause this?  I am using the built in hardware compression on the HP drive.  I am trying a backup now with "software" compression to see if that helps.

Tom

3 REPLIES 3

toma
Level 4

I tried software compression and it fit on the tape but with 11.3G remaining instead of 36.1G remaining with hardware compression (before sp2).  It does not tell you the compression ratio, but calculates out to about 1.18:1.

I just downloaded and installed BE 12.5 (got the email this morning by some coincidence) so I am trying that out now (with hardware compression) to see if that works.

Vishal_Nar
Level 3
i have also installed 12.5 & use hardware compression but facing the same problem.. if you find any sol pls let me know

girish_chakki
Level 4
insert new tape if you have and check the compression on that.