cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 upgrade from 12.5 - lost my data?

Rick_Lawsha
Level 3
I upgraded from from BE12.5 to BE2010 today and had problems. To make a long story short, it is running now but BE2010 doesn't recognize the data on my tapes or backup to disk folders. The dives are seen but the media sets don't exist. When viewing tapes in the library they all say unknown media. Is there a way to recapture my jobs, selections lists, media sets and the like from the backup folder BE2010 created during the install? If not it looks like I am in for about three days of work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Rick,

When upgrading, it is ALWAYS advisable to get copies of your database and catalogs first. Secondly, never select the option to overwrite your data during the upgrade process, or to NOT make an upgrade during the process.
What you will have to do is stop all your BEWS services, including the SQL instance in Services.msc. Once done, go into the Data folder and copy the current *.ldf and *.mdf files to another location. Then rename them, and copy your old details in.
You may need to run bemig.exe from a command line to port your data across to a newer version of BEWS, but start by trying to bring up all your services first.
For your catalogs, you will need to rebuild that by catalogging all your tapes.

Laters!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rick_Lawsha
Level 3
I guess it comes down to, can I copy the bedb_dat.dbf and other files in the backup folder over to the new install of 2010?

CraigV
Hi Rick,

When upgrading, it is ALWAYS advisable to get copies of your database and catalogs first. Secondly, never select the option to overwrite your data during the upgrade process, or to NOT make an upgrade during the process.
What you will have to do is stop all your BEWS services, including the SQL instance in Services.msc. Once done, go into the Data folder and copy the current *.ldf and *.mdf files to another location. Then rename them, and copy your old details in.
You may need to run bemig.exe from a command line to port your data across to a newer version of BEWS, but start by trying to bring up all your services first.
For your catalogs, you will need to rebuild that by catalogging all your tapes.

Laters!

CraigV
Hi Rick,

Any news on whether or not this helped...?