cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010R2 backing up a Drobo FS NAS

PJ33
Level 3

Hello

We have just purchased a Drobo FS NAS box and are trying to backup teh data on it using BE 2010R2.

We cant install an agent as the NAS does not have an OS and its simply a Network attached device rather than part of the domain so using the SLA for BE doesn't work. even if we create an account on the NAS that matches up to the SLA.

The error we are getting is "Remote Agent not detected on drobo01.
 The user account that is contained in the specified logon account is disabled.
 Enable the user account, or choose another logon account that contains an active user account with the appropriate privileges for the selected resource."

However I have checked and double checked and the system account is not disabled and works fine for our other jobs.

Does any body have any suggestions or nuggets of advice?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I think Drobo FS is not supported as a B2D device.  It is not mentioned in the HCL 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137050

Drobo, Drobo Pro and Drobo Elite are mentioned in the HCL.

You can try testing it with the B2DTest utility to check.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH69107

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Can you create a useraccount on the NAS with the same username and password combination as your Backup Exec service account ?

PJ33
Level 3

yes can recreate the service account on the NAS but its still throws up the same error

have also tried creating a new account on the NAS called "backup" and then adding this to BE and still it throws up teh same error

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

As long as BackupExec is connecting to what it thinks is a ServerOS, if it does not find a RemoteAgent, it will post that message

As for the User Account issue, if the NAS is not part of the Domain, you can specify the connection info as     NAS_Name\Account and it should connect with no problems

PJ33
Level 3

Hi Ken

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried using the NAS_Name\account name to create an account in BE2010 and it still fails.

The Job log states the following

"

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009b64 - The user account that is contained in the specified logon account is disabled.
Enable the user account, or choose another logon account that contains an active user account with the appropriate privileges for the selected resource.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-39780"

The account used is part of the administrators group on the NAS and has been added into BE2010.

Could it be that because BE is connecting to the NAS expecting to find an agent and not finding one its generating this error?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Could it be that because BE is connecting to the NAS expecting to find an agent and not finding one its generating this error?

Shouldn't be a problem

Final error: 0xe0009b64 - The user account that is contained in the specified logon account is disabled.

Can you connect to the NAS outside of BackupExec using the NAS account?  or can the NAS join hte Domain so you can connect with a Domain Admin account?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Note that although you did not install a remote agent on the Drobo, you would still need a RAWS licence to back it up.   This is to comply with the licencing rules.

PJ33
Level 3

The licence is not an issue as we have always have more licences than what we need.

Unfortunately the NAS device cannot be added to the domain as tehre is no way to do so.

I'm begining to think its just not possible with this particular device

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I think Drobo FS is not supported as a B2D device.  It is not mentioned in the HCL 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137050

Drobo, Drobo Pro and Drobo Elite are mentioned in the HCL.

You can try testing it with the B2DTest utility to check.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH69107

PJ33
Level 3

Thanks all for your assistance

guess i'll have to try a different device or something