cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 Duplicate to Tape all incremental and latest full backup

arielc
Level 4

How can I configure a backup stage so that it will duplicate all incremental backups and the latest full backup to tape? I tried using the Selected backups option but it only backs up the incremental backup for the day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You could setup Duplication for both your Full and Incr jobs, with the full specifiying Overwrite and the INCR specifying Append, both to the same media set

Then just make sure that the tape is mounted when each INCR runs

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I think duplicating Job History suits you the best.

arielc
Level 4

But that would be a manual task. Is there a way to do this by schedule?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You could setup Duplication for both your Full and Incr jobs, with the full specifiying Overwrite and the INCR specifying Append, both to the same media set

Then just make sure that the tape is mounted when each INCR runs

AshwinApte
Level 4
Employee

Have you tried the "All Backups" option in the Duplicate stage? You can also schedule it if you select the option "According to Schedule"

arielc
Level 4

I haven't tried this option yet. But would this duplicate every single backup I have for that server? Meaning, if I have more than 1 full backup, it will duplicate them all to tape.

arielc
Level 4

I'm going to try this for today's backup and use differecial instead of incremental to reduce the number of jobs I have to schdule. I may have to reschedule a bunch of duplicate stage jobs though.

AshwinApte
Level 4
Employee

Do you have more than one full backup stage in one job?

The Duplicate stage should only duplicate all backup stages in the job that it is a stage in.

arielc
Level 4

I just have one full backup stage in a backup job. Would it duplicate all previous incremental jobs plus the full backup to tape? I was wondering, this might just be suited for Full and Differencial backups.

AshwinApte
Level 4
Employee

Yes it should ... should work for Full and Differentials as well.

arielc
Level 4

This method worked for me. I just recreated my backup jobs and used differencial instead of incremental so it is easier to schedule duplicates and restore files.

Thanks.

arielc
Level 4

When I tried to create a duplicate job using All Backups and try to run it, it won't run.