cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 - VMWare - BEAgent not installed when adding a backup

mikedoh
Level 3

Hi all,

Hope you can help. When i click on my Vcentre server in and select backup, i add the servers within Backupexec wizard i want to backup in that job. Ive done this and go through the process. HOw do i install the BE Agent on to the VM automatically, there is no option to do so like "add server"

When i go to Add, there is no VM Server, only windows, vmwaer centre, file server, sharepoint farm, exch database etc.

So ive foudn that i have to add the VM as a "Microsoft Windows computer and servers" first , THEN remove it, then add to my vcentre back so it has the agent to do GRT.

Is there an easier way or am i being stupid ?

Thanks

MIke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Even though you don't in theory need the agent installed inside the VM for file system backup purposes, you do need it for GRT restore back into the VM and for any GRT backup involving Applications (AD, SQL, Exchaneg, Sharepoint)

As such install the agents and leave them installed.

And yes adding in the VMware Host or vCenter does not push the agent out to individual VMs, this is a manual process (but can still be a push, just not an automatic push) and is more or less the same as it was in Backup Exec 2010 as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Even though you don't in theory need the agent installed inside the VM for file system backup purposes, you do need it for GRT restore back into the VM and for any GRT backup involving Applications (AD, SQL, Exchaneg, Sharepoint)

As such install the agents and leave them installed.

And yes adding in the VMware Host or vCenter does not push the agent out to individual VMs, this is a manual process (but can still be a push, just not an automatic push) and is more or less the same as it was in Backup Exec 2010 as well.