cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up DLO

Lynn_Levien_tx
Level 3

I am trying to set up my desktops to backup using DLO. I have my users setup, my profile, storage and have done the remote agent push to my desktops. But they do not show up in the list of computers...What did I do wrong??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lynn_Levien_tx
Level 3

I think I have it figured out. I did set my users up correctly and they backed up according to my schedule. I did have a couple of errors but I can work through that. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

King_Julien
Level 5

Hi,

Try restarting DLO services, first stop DLO administartion services and then DLO Maintenance services.

Then, start DLO maintenance services and then DLO administration services.

Are you able to start Desktop Agent on the client computers?

How did you perform the Desktop Agent installation? Push install or manual install ?

If you did a manual install, did you run setup.exe or MSI installer (can't remember the name right now). ?

By the way, do you have Windows Firewall enabled on client computers?

Regards.

Lynn_Levien_tx
Level 3

Thanks for replying...I tried stopping and restarting the services in the manner you described. I am not able to start the Desktop agent on the one remote that I have set up. I get the error that there is no setting for current user and no data assignment. I also have all firewalls disbled on remote computers. I was using backup exec to backup desktops until I upgraded to BE2010. I did the push install on the remote computers. I did those yesterday and they were on the list.I was not sure what I was doing, and they were trying to do backups right away and the users computers slowed down considerably so I tried to set them to a schedule at night. I could not get anything to work right so I disabled them  and now they are not on my list. Should I try to reinstall the remote agent???Or just set up all my users and see if that will help. I am so confused!!!

King_Julien
Level 5

You need to assing that user on a profile, otherwise, when Desktop Agent start it will fails with the error you mention.

Also, after that, if still having the issue with the desktop Agent, uninstall it and install it again using setup.exe from DLO share on media server.

Lynn_Levien_tx
Level 3

I think I have it figured out. I did set my users up correctly and they backed up according to my schedule. I did have a couple of errors but I can work through that. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.