cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 sp1a installation fails

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hi 

I am trying to install BE2012 service pack 1a and that patch installation is failing.

Error 1328. Error applying patch to file 
C:\Config.Msi\PT303.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified 

by this patch. For more information contact you patch vendor.

using

Win2003 R2 sp2 64bit  exchange 2007 
7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It muight be youhave soe hotfix install pon the server which is part for BE 2012 sp 1a, because of which the update is failling. I guess you would need to uninstall that patch and then try installation again . I might proably contact support and check if any uninstallation of hotfix is required>

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I just came across the same issue in BE 2010 R3 Sp2 installation. Here is the technote for the same. 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH182140

Probably it will be the same issue in your case. So please contact Symantec Support so that it can be rightly analysed.

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi AgentVinod,

If you have an antivirus on the server, try stopping and disabling it and then running the upgrade to SP1a again. I've seen AVs block SP installations.

Thanks!

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hi 

I have disabled the macafee AV and still same issue.

Any other step that you can suggest.

Thanks

microsoftsucks
Not applicable

Hello Everybody,

I have the same problem.  Using Symantec backup exec 2012 with Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6.  I've tried disabling the antivirus, but I am still unable to update to SP 1a.

Installed on Server 2008 Enterprise,

Thanks,

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are using LiveUpdate to update to SP1a, try running BE "as an Administrator" before running LU.

DBorse
Level 3
Employee

Hello,

Can you please attach the install logs from following location?

Win2003 OS: %allusersprofile%\Application Data\Symantec\Logs\BKUPINST2012.HTM

Win2008  OS:  %allusersprofile%\Symantec\Logs\BKUPINST2012.HTM

Also Can you please download the BE 2012 SP1a from following location and install manually.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186717

If SP1a install ask for the DVD then provide the BE 2012 DVD.

Thanks,

-DB