cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2014 - Exchange 2016 on Server 2012R2

kirtivsingh
Level 3

Hi, 

I am using BE2014 to backup my exchange. I have DAG and it works fine with my 2013 enviornment. But when i configure it to backup my DAG2016 while adding the server it gives the following errror message:

"We found user shares on this machine but we are not sure what is installed on the machine."

Please provide assitance, what could be the problem.

KV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE 2014 only supports up to Exchange 2013 so you're running an unsupported environment. Check the BE 2014 SCL below:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH217478.html

BE 15 also only supports up to Exchange 2013, see below:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH227896.html

Best bet is to PM someone like Colin Weaver or VJware and ask them when Exchange 206 will be supported, most likely via Feature Pack for BE 15. Symantec don't publish details of their roadmap, and they normally send out notification when the release date of supported applications/OS's is near.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

CraigV

Hi,

BE 2014 only supports up to Exchange 2013 so you're running an unsupported environment. Check the BE 2014 SCL below:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH217478.html

BE 15 also only supports up to Exchange 2013, see below:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH227896.html

Best bet is to PM someone like Colin Weaver or VJware and ask them when Exchange 206 will be supported, most likely via Feature Pack for BE 15. Symantec don't publish details of their roadmap, and they normally send out notification when the release date of supported applications/OS's is near.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry but whilst we almost certainly will eventually plan to support Exchange 2016, currently I cannot confim any schedule or ETA for support of Exchange 2016. It is also extremely unlikely that we could plan to provide support for a preview release anyway.

Please monitor our compatibility lists, relase notes and possibly these forums for updates and announcements

kirtivsingh
Level 3

Thank you for your reponse Guys.

Colin Can you confirm if we can get hold of anyone from Symantec in Microsoft TAP group. If so, I can request a beta version, if any.

Thanks again,

KV

kirtivsingh
Level 3

Colin also wanted to mention that we are Symantec partners, so maybe if their is a beta trial, we can test those for you.

Please update.

Reagdrs,

KV

CraigV

...check out the Connect site as they do announce Beta programmes. Most times they are initially closed, but then open them up...you want to get in on the Closed Beta first.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver

Hi KV

If you are a partner then  feel free to talk to a partner manager or your TAP contact.

Doing some digging (and this comment is massively subject to change), but it appears that we might try to add Exchange 2016 support to one of the upcoming Feature Packs for BE  15, but there will be nothing for BE 2014 (which is not entirely unexpected) I am trying to comfirm our intentions

C.

kirtivsingh
Level 3

Thank you Colin for the update. :)   

Regards,

KV

Colin_Weaver

As an aside we think that the error you quoted relates to IP-Less DAG (which is an Exchange 2016 default).

IP-Less DAG is available in Exchange 2013 (with updates) and we currenty do not support that either. I guess the Exchange 2013 setup you compared with was not configured in this way otherwise you might have seen something similar as an error condition.

I can confirm tht we won't be adding this support to BE 2014, and the intention is to provide support via a Feature Pack against BE 15 (I just can't confirm the timescale or which FP at this current time. )

kirtivsingh
Level 3

Colin,

It is not an IP-Less DAG, however it was not created with Admin Access point (like we used to in Exchange 2010). So windows Clustering service cannot read it. I believe BE 2014 supports windows clustering data and not this one. 

Am I correct?

KV

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE does not clusters without AAP

Colin_Weaver

I am not 100% sure of the terminology but in terms of support discussions whilst they might be different components of Exchange "Without an AAP" and "IP-Less" are linked together as being new technologies that are not yet supported. 

Colin_Weaver

Pending some QA activities against Backup Exec 15 FP2 and the GA release of Exchnage 2016, it looke like we intend to support Exchange 2016 as soon as FP2 is available.

BIG NOTE: This is subject to change as if we identify any last minute changes in the Exchange 2016 GA build we may have to change our plans.

kirtivsingh
Level 3

Thanks for the update colin.

Regards,

KV