cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2014 SP1: Can't find old backup to restore

kha
Level 4

I rebuilt the backup server and installed BE2014 SP1.  I used BE2010 before rebuilt.

I restored the backup jobs from BE2010 Catalog and Data folders.

I found a job that ran Oct 1, 2014.  Job history shows the backup tape that it ran to successfully.

I located the backup tape, it's still siting under a media set that is set as "don't allow overwrite" and "allow append".

However, when I right click on that tape, restore, I can only find the full backup that ran on Nov 1, 2014 and that is the only one that i can choose to restore.

From job history, i it doesn't tell me which xml file that it used.

Any idea how i can get the Oct backup and older to available for restore?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you run a catalog job?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

When going through the restore process, make sure the dates used in the "show backups from:" include the date you want to restore.  I think it defaults to 30 days, which would exclude your Oct 1 backup.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kha
Level 4

I think i know why

Double clicked on the job that ran, it pops up a small window saying it cannot find the so and so xml file.  It looked for the file in D: drive while my BE is installed on C: drive.  I think it's because BE2010 was installed on D: and I installed BE2014 on C: after that and reused the Catalog and Data from BE2010.

Is there anyway I can fix this without reinstalling the BE2014 to D: drive?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you run a catalog job?

Thanks!

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

When going through the restore process, make sure the dates used in the "show backups from:" include the date you want to restore.  I think it defaults to 30 days, which would exclude your Oct 1 backup.

kha
Level 4

Thank you CraigV and Larry Fine.  Both of your recommendations are really helpful. I got it resolved :)

Thanks so much!

kha
Level 4

Actually I still have one problem, all full and duplicate jobs ran on 11/1/14 (to different backup tapes) have problem finding the job logs.

It keeps saying it can't find the the logs from D: (instead of looking in C: where the BE2014 installed).  I did ran the catalog on the tapes