cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE9.0 in DMZ

Armin
Level 3
 Hi all,

I'm unable to confirm that I need to install Remote Agent for the server inside the secure network before I put it to the DMZ.

I openned a lot of ports and tried to remotely install Remote Agent from inside to DMZ without any success. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Armin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THarry
Level 5
 Hi,
You don't need to install the agent inside the firewall. Just copy the RANT32 folder to the DMZ server, go to cmd and type:

C:\ cd rant32
dir
setupaa.exe

Makesure you configure the BE to have ports range and use your firewall software to see if any traffic generate from the DMZ to the inside and then open those ports. You don't need to restart BE service on the DMZ.

Harry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

THarry
Level 5
 Hi,
You don't need to install the agent inside the firewall. Just copy the RANT32 folder to the DMZ server, go to cmd and type:

C:\ cd rant32
dir
setupaa.exe

Makesure you configure the BE to have ports range and use your firewall software to see if any traffic generate from the DMZ to the inside and then open those ports. You don't need to restart BE service on the DMZ.

Harry

Marksw
Level 5
 Running setupaa.cmd is installing the remote agent which is needed if the server is on the inside/outside the firewall. Any "server" that backup exec touches need a remote agent.  Checkout technote http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255831.htm
This will give you a good look at what ports need to be open. You may have to create a user defined selection by ip or computer name if the server is not visible in my network places or backup exec after you put it in a DMZ.

Mark