cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BELNAPI terminated abnormally

Karl_Vallis
Level 3
Hi All

Having an issue with BELNAPI.exe terminating abnormally, This error seems to be popping on all our Domino servers. We've recently updated to 11d from 10d with a fresh installation, Service Pack 2 and Hotfix 33 have been installed.

The extact error message is:
Process C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\belnapi.exe (4376/0x1118) has terminated abnormally

It happens every minute or so, and nothing is recorded in the Windows event log.

Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Where exactly are you seeing these errors?  In the lotus console or in which log file?

Karl_Vallis
Level 3
The error's are popping up in the Domino console, and in the server log under Miscellaneous Events.

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Look for the file beremote.exe on the lotus server, what is the revision of this file?

Karl_Vallis
Level 3

I will also include the Domino Releases installed on the servers. The error is being displayed on all of them.

Email Server - Running Domino 7.0.2
Application Server - Runing Domino 7.0.2
Sametime Server - Running Domino 7.0.1
Development Server - Running Domino 7.0.3

All the servers are running the 11.0.7170.32 release of agent, expect the Application Server, which is also our Backup Exec media server. The agent on that is 11.0.7170.24 and doesn't seem to update.

Karl_Vallis
Level 3
Here's an update

I've discovered that a reboot of the servers seems to resolve the issue. However I was forced to restart the Backup Exec services on one server and now the error has returned.

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Karl,

I talked with our engineers about the issue you are seeing.  We have had a few other reports from other customers and they are looking into it.  That is about all I could get from them at this time.  If I get anything more I'll let you know.

Karl_Vallis
Level 3
Thanks,

I was speaking to support yesterday about another issue and mentioned this. The engineer seemed to think my issue yesterday (remote agent crashing out on a Domino agent component) and this where related.

He got me to edit a few registry settings from the Domino Agent and reboot the media server. As I mentioned above our media server also hosts a Domino server, after the reboot the messages have disappeared. I've rebooted our other Domino servers and the messages have also disappeared.

Karl_Vallis
Level 3
Looks like I spoke to soon.

I was forced to restart the backup exec server services today due to a frozen job and now the messages have returned.

Karl_Vallis
Level 3
Are there any updates on this?

Hinsen
Level 3
We got the same problem.
We have serveral sites with a combined Notesserver and BE 11D R7170 server on each site. We have problems on random sites with the Remote Agent for Windows going down(!) and the Belnapi error message in the console. I have suspected these errors to be connected somehow but has been unable to verify it.

We have been in contact with support regarding the RAWS going down but without recieving any solutions.

Does anybody have any update in this matter?

Best regards

Jörgen 

Rene31
Level 2
Hello,

I also have the same problem. Is there a solution for this problem already ?  

Hinsen
Level 3
We got a solution to this problem. It turns out that this is an old problem from BackupExec9. In the registry change the following:

HKEY local machine/software/Symantec/backup Exec for Windows/backupExec/Engine/Domino/

set "Enable Change journal" from 1 to 0

set "Enable Notes Database Filtering" from 1 to 0

Restart BackupExec services

Warning!

Disablingnotes changejournal makes a diffrence if you are using incremental or differencial backups.

This worked for us, but isn´t it strange that this is a v.9 problem that hasn´t been solved yet.

Best regards!

Hinsen

Rafa_Calvo
Not applicable
Certified

Hi,

There is a technote that talks about that same error and the solution you have been provided:

Domino console is inundated with the entry "Process C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\belnapi.exe has terminated abnormally"
http://support.veritas.com/docs/301510

Hope it helps.

RCT

Desktop_Tech
Not applicable
I have the same errors in the domino console and the registry enteries shown in the fix are already applied to the server in question. Can you pleas help?

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
This one works for us same with the one who create the forum. This should be marked as solution so it can be moved on "Solved"