Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BERemote error during delete phase of archive job

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
Backup Exec 10d 10.1 Rev 5629 SP1
Windows 2003 Small Business Server

During the delete phase of an Archive job, the Remote Agent dies with this in the event log. The job completes successfully, but the files are not deleted.

Event Type:Information
Event Source:Application Error
Event Category:(100)
Event ID:1004
Date:4/26/2006
Time:4:48:06 PM
User:N/A
Computer:IGS3000
Description:
Reporting queued error: faulting application beremote.exe, version 10.1.5629.20, faulting module bedsnt5.dll, version 10.1.5629.10, fault address 0x0004c29a.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 62 65 72 ure ber
0018: 65 6d 6f 74 65 2e 65 78 emote.ex
0020: 65 20 31 30 2e 31 2e 35 e 10.1.5
0028: 36 32 39 2e 32 30 20 69 629.20 i
0030: 6e 20 62 65 64 73 6e 74 n bedsnt
0038: 35 2e 64 6c 6c 20 31 30 5.dll 10
0040: 2e 31 2e 35 36 32 39 2e .1.5629.
0048: 31 30 20 61 74 20 6f 66 10 at of
0050: 66 73 65 74 20 30 30 30 fset 000
0058: 34 63 32 39 61 4c29a
31 REPLIES 31

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Does this happen during a local backup or during a remote job? Since when does the problem occur?

Download the MDAC component checker from the link below and check if there are any mismatched dll files on the server:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&DisplayLang=en

Revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
The achrive job being run accesses both remote machines and the local server. It seems to die during the delete phase on the local server. As an example, this morning the delete on the local server ran from 4/28/2006 at 6:49:37 AM to 4/28/2006 at 6:50:25 AM and the error in the event log is stamped at 6:50:19 AM.

MDAC info:
MDAC 2.8 SP2 ON WINDOWS SERVER 2003 SP1

No errors were detected that I could see.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Please perform a repair database. Open BEUTILITY.EXE from \program files\veritas\backup exec\NT.

Select All media server by right clicking, add the media server and select repair database from the task pane on the left.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
Performing repair for BEDB database.
Error: The data repair operation failed.
Starting Services
Database repair for server IGS3000 ended with errors.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Please ensure that the remote agent service is running under Lokal System account on media server as well as the remote SQL server.

Also enable the restrict anonymous support on both the machines with the help of the following dokument:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

Restart all the backup exec services on both the servers after having made the changes.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
The remote agent on the media server is running under the Local System account. There is no remote SQL server involved.

I enabled Restrict Anonymous Support on the media server, but the Remote Agent is still failing.

This is an easily reproducible error. It occurs every time I run an Acrhive job on the media server.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Are are you targeting this job to tape or backup to disk folder?
Please try targeting to both tape and BTd and verify the result.

ALso try performing a repair installation:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
The failure occurs on jobs both to Disk and Tape. (I'm not sure that even matters, since the failure always happens during the DELETE phase of the archive job.)

I did the repair and the failure is still occurring.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

How many partitions have you selected while performing the archive job ? Is it more than 3 partitions ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
Do you mean disk partitions? Only one.

If you mean something else, please clarify.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

As per your response, it seems that you are backing up only 1 partition on the local server. How many from the remote server? Could you elaborate on the backup selections? Try to create separate jobs for the local and the remote server and then test the results.

What version of BE are you using? Ensure that you have the latest version 10d with SP1. If not, you can download them from the links below:

Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 10d rev. 5629 for Windows Servers Installation Files
http://support.veritas.com/docs/279332

Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 10.1 (10d) for Windows Servers revision 5629 - Service Pack 1 - Includes Critical Security Updates
http://support.veritas.com/docs/282818

Revert with details if the issue persists.

Regards.

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
The orignal job backed up some remote machines, but I've been testing with a simple job that exhibits the problem. This job backs up only a single directory on the local server.

Media Server: Version 10.1 Rev 5629. I believe this is SP1, yes?

The issue still persists.

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
I have a job that only backs up a single server on the local server. This job exhibits the problem every time.

Version: 10.1 Rev 5629
This is SP1, right?

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
hello Mitch,

Could you Update us on the latest Status of the Issue?

- 10.1.5629 is a Build. It is not SP1

Hope that helps.
*****************************************************************************************

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
I'm waiting on YOU to give me the status. I've answered lots of questions and tried some things, but no one has yet to tell me why this keeps failing or how to fix it.

I have a very repeatable problem - that should make it reasonably easy to diagnose and fix.

According to Veritas Update I AM running SP1:

Date: April 13, 2006 Size: 29682 KB

Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 10.1 (10d) for Windows Servers revision 5629 - Service Pack 1 - Includes Critical Security Updates

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Could you Update us on the latest Status of the Issue?
Have you also installed SP1 of BEWS 10d ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
Please READ my previous replies. All of these questions have been answered already, multiple times.

The status is that it is still broken.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Are you using the Advanced Open File Option durning the backup?

Perform separate backup of C: and Shadow Copy Component and verify the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mitch_Claborn
Level 3
I am NOT using Advanced Open File Option.
I am NOT backing up any of the Shadow Copy components.

The failure occurs on an archive job of the local server only. It occurs every time the job runs.