cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BERetrieve Access Denied

Gilbert
Level 0
I have just installed Backup Exec and CPS 12.  I have set up a CPS job on files and folders within my user folder.  The job works fine and I am able to browse to the server and see all of the shares via BERetrieve, but when I try to access my user folder I get an "Access Denied" message. Doing a search for one of the documents also shows no results.  If I log in as admin, I am able to get to the files via browsing or searching.

In my environment all user folders are set up as a hidden share with Full permissions on the share and folder.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Gilbert
1 REPLY 1

Christian_Reich
Level 3

It is the same here:

a pair of completely fresh installed 2008 Servers with not any error in the eventlogs - but still there is no entry in the BE-Retrieve search-list, no entry in "recent" and yes, access denied for non-admin users at the share-level. (The last one is new to me, the others are common...)

There is no Anti-Virus or any other 3rd party software and referring to http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286924.htm 

it seems to be more than a possibility, that symantec has neither an idea of what is really going on there nor any motivation to fix it: Just have a look at the issue date!

I have done a dozen installation of CPS 11 / 12 but I never saw any entry under "recent". The search was always faster than a half a second but with no result. I suppose these buttons are just dummies.

Is there anybody out there with a completely working scenario?

Thanks - Chris