cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

BEWS 10_5520 can't connect to RAWS

lwerman
Not applicable

BEWS (once was v8) on W2k Server has been working great for years backing up 12 computers.

Until June, 2008, BEWS backed up to an internal SCSI Sequential DAT tape changer.

In June, I switched to an Ethernet NAS drive connected to the 2nd E-net port on the BEWS server.

That was working great (and fast) until we had a power outage over a weekend in August that ran the UPS out & the BEWS server died.

BEWS used to be able to select anything on any computer for backup, as they all have RAWS.

Now BEWS can't see anything in the remote selections window except the default & user's shared folders.

The default shares are grayed out & unselectable & I no longer see everything.

RAWS is installed & working on the remote machines. Most are turned off on weekends.

I think the BEWS server isn't able to connect to the RAWS properly.

While I was investigating the problem, after one of many reboots, BEWS was able to connect OK, but a few days later it stopped working again & the backups are again failing. 

Any ideas how to fix?

As a last resort, I've considered reinstalling W2k & BEWS, but I would like to save the BEWS configurations to avoid recreating them. I tried the BEUtility Copy Media Server feature, but I get an error during use: 'Access is Denied to Server01', which is the BEWS server with the configuration I'm trying to backup.

Is there a better way to save the configurations or is BEUtility the correct way? Any idea why it won't sucessfully run & backup the cfg?

BEWS is installed on partition D: away from the OS.

Thanx for any guidance........Len

0 REPLIES 0