cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BKUP Exec 2010 R3 SP2

robosull
Level 4

I'm have backing up Exchange 2010 for the last (2) years using the same Symantec configuration with no errors, but tonight's backups are failing with the following errors:

"Final error: 0xe0008516 - Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.
Final error category: System Errors" 

Backup- C380MB1

V-79-57344-34070 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Backup- C380MB2

V-79-57344-34070 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details

I check both of the writers on the Exchange server and the backup server and there are no errors being reported.  I also un-installed the remote Agent and the backup job is still failing.  Does anyone have any other suggestions besides re-booting the Exchange server?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello,

Just wanted to know if you have referred to the following link: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139703 . 

Also, I am aware that you have been running a backup of it since 2 years. Still, could you please to go Tools > Install Options and License Keys and ensure that the license associated to Microsoft Exchange is there. 

Moreover, please check if the backup selection list includes a Recovery Storage Group (RSG) selected for the backup. If yes, check if Management console on the Exchange Server has it. If the Management Console does not have it then edit the Backup Exec Selection List and remove it. 

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi robosull,

BE 2010 R3 SP4 is also out which might be an option for you. Download it and install it on the media server, and then push-install these updates to your remote servers before trying the backup again.

htto://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH208828

Failing this, try recreating the job and selection list and see if this works. This would be a test to rule out corruption in the selection list/job itself.

Thanks!