cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUE 10d SBS >> Win2k3 STD

skyroof
Not applicable

We have six Win2k3 STD Servers operating with BUE 10d and need to add IDR, OFO, CPS and SQL options. Ver 10.x has passed EOL, so there is no support, no new licensing available.  Purchasing the latest version of BUE with all modules is beyond our budget and our needs. 

I obtained a new in box Backup Exec for Windows Servers w/ CPS (Part number E180508)  BEWS 10d/10.1, which is apparently the SBS version. Prior contact with our now defunct corp sales agent verified that BUE versions earlier than 2010 do not validate OS to install, so the SBS ver would work on STD edn.

System Check ran clean and indicates all clear for installation. Installation fails with an error message indicating the License Key is invalid. I validated the LicKey with Symantec in a chat session, but that's all the help I can get with the outdated product. They confrimed it is for SBS edn.

Any thoughts for a work-around to get this live or otherwise obtain and deploy the additonal OLD option paks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you are having a SBS edition then it needs to be loaded onto a Small Business Edition OS. There is no way around this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you are having a SBS edition then it needs to be loaded onto a Small Business Edition OS. There is no way around this.