cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up error on email

Tristin_Deveau
Level 2
We use backup exec 9.1 to back up our MS Exchange server. Recently we have been getting an error on one mailbox

In the errors field we get...

Backup - \\NACG04\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Database or database element is corrupt

and in the Exceptions...

Backup - \\NACG04\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes WARNING: "\\NACG04\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Wales, Rod ?Top of Information Store?Inbox????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Outlook 10 Message Manager (Outlook)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Backup - C: W2K ServerUnable to open the item C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config.cch.1264.154296 - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\security.config.cch.1264.154296 - skipped.
Verify - \\NACG04\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes WARNING: "Outlook 10 Message Manager (Outlook)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

I found something online indicating that it might be caused by a corrupt file in the top level of the mailbox, but I checked and there is nothing in there. Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Is Advanced Open File Option being used for backups?

It is recommended not to use AOFO for database backups...

The backup item is generally reported as corrupt when it is accessed by any other process other than Backup Exec e.g. Anti Virus...

Also please check whether the Exchange maintenance is scheduled to run at the same time as the backup job.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Derek_Gardner
Not applicable
Tristan, I just solved this problem for myself earlier today. Download this tool but read the instructions VERY CAREFULLY before using.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3D1C7482-4C6E-4EC5-983E-127100D71376&displaylang=en

Derek_Thom
Level 3
Derek-

I have run into the problem mentioned above and downloaded your recommended tool to resolve the issue. However, after reading throught the indluded documentation, I am not exactly sure how to use it to resolve the issue, and how safe it is to use the tool in general.

Would you be able to give any additional insight or suggestions on how to best utilize it?

Thanks,

Derek