cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing Exchange 2007 access denied GRT Enabled to Tape

Triumph_Technol
Level 4

I am having a problems backing up Exchange mailbox and public folder store get an error access denied when backing up to tape with GRT enabled.  If I backup to disk using the same job GRT enabled, the backup is succesfull so it does not appear to be a permissions problem.

If I disable GRT with the backup going to Tape the backup job is sucessfull, but this is no use to me as I lose the ability of restroing mailboxes and individual mail message without the GRT enabled.

This is my setup Windows 2008 running Symantec Backup 12 all liveupdates applied we are backing up Exchange 2007 on another Server running Windows 2003 64bit.

Any help would appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
For tape GRT, Backup Exec requires to go back to live mailboxes and extract catalog information, hence MAPI authentication is done, which is not done when backup to disk. Hence, you would see difference of behaviour. So, you would need to make sure that Backup Exec logon account being used in the backup job has required permissions ot logon to different mailboxes and extract mail messages from them.

Please consult following document for more details:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/306270

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

Triumph_Technol
Level 4
Thanks for your help on this I restarted my Exchange 2007 and now that the backup is now successful.